If you’re anything like me, the gym is not your favorite place to go and the thought of working out at home makes you the most creative person ever. You suddenly think of so many things you could do instead. Although, if I really, really have to choose, I’d always look for short at-home workouts rather than going to the gym.
But seriously (you knew this was coming☺), having in mind that health is the most important thing in our lives, we should take it more seriously. One of the easiest ways to improve our health is by exercising. Though working out can be daunting for some of us, it’s actually one of the best things you can do to yourself mentally and physically.
However, one of the issues that arise from working out is the amount of time it takes, especially for those on a tight schedule for the day. This will go to show you that fitting working out on the tightest of schedules is something completely doable even on a daily basis.
Related: How To Embrace Healthy Habits When Everyone Around You Hasn’t
It’s all about efficiency
On a 15-minute workout, you really cannot get fancy with any machines or unilateral movements that will target specific muscle groups that you want to have. It’s all about being as efficient as possible.
One of the best ways to do that is to have exercises that recruit as much of your body as possible.
Squats for instance target a lot more muscle than exercises such as single-leg elevated 35-degree half lunge. So, in this 15-minute at-home workout, exercises that use the most amount of muscle and burn the most amount of calories will be used more.
Therefore, the squat, pull-up, burpees, weightlifting, kettle-bell thrusters, and push-ups are the main movements. This is because these exercises are natural to the body, you can progress at them over time, and you can easily benefit from them and they will burn.
Another component for efficiency is the time because it’s a 15-minute at-home workout, one cannot really afford to take two-minute rest each set, so the exercises will be used back to back, otherwise known as the super-set or the giant set.
Related: 5 Ways To Integrate Wellness Into Your Everyday Routine
15-minute workout for beginners
- 1. Grab a kettle-bell that you feel is manageable enough for you, roughly speaking; beginners tend to be comfortable around weights that are in the 30-pound range (if you don’t have weights, just fill a bottle with water).
- 2. Grab the two handles and perform a thrust, almost like you want to throw the kettle-bell up and back, this movement should be done steadily to utilize as much muscle as possible and negate momentum which will just waste time.
- Do anywhere from 10 to 12 repetitions and drop down for some knee push-downs.
- 3. Put your knees on the floor, hands on the floor in a push-up position and do anywhere from 8 to 12 push-ups.
- 4. Rest for about 45 seconds and perform the next set. You should do this superset for around 4 rounds.
- 5. The next segment is going to be using squats and sprints. Get into a squat position by having a stance that is slightly outside of hip width, grab your hands together and get deep into the squat position for 12 repetitions.
- 6. Immediately, after this, rush forward with sprints for 25metres and back, rest for one minute and do three more sets.
quick Full-body workouts
These at-home workouts engage all of your muscles and are very effective for people who are on a tight schedule. You should always strive to find as much time as possible to stay active.
The big part of working out if having a lifestyle that complements it. A lifestyle full of healthy food, moderate eating, a positive lifestyle and good recovery is obviously far superior to a life full of negativity, junk food, and no sleep.
Related: Healthy Eating 101: Eat Like You Really Love Yourself
Working out should come at one of your top priorities, it’s one of the things that you just have to grind through until you start seeing some results. At the end of the day, progress is what matters most, you should be able to fit any workout in the day as long as you are committed to making some changes in your life.
Follow Us For More Lifestyle Tips: Instagram I Pinterest I Facebook