Some of the most common problems when we talk about facial skin are clogged pores and acne. While makeup can help us cover those imperfections, sometimes the overall impression may look unnatural and unclean. In order to avoid that, it’s necessary to find the best way to cleanse your face properly.
Of course, those with a serious problem will surely look for the professional help from a dermatologist, but if the problems are not great, you can create your own beauty rituals by making homemade facial cleansers by yourself that will give you a glistening and smooth face, and finally say goodbye to irregularities.
Here are 7 best (and super easy) ways to cleanse your face naturally using products you already have in your kitchen.
Important: Damaged skin requires special attention when using all kind of products, whether purchased or homemade. Always apply them gently and do not scratch the skin with rough rubbing. Even when drying with a towel, rather tap the skin instead of the usual wiping.
Although we have to control the amount of sugar that goes into our body, our skin can benefit from it and it can become a part of an excellent beauty ritual.
Homemade sugar face mask recipe:
- Turn two teaspoons of sugar into the powder
- Add the juice of half a lemon and a little water to get a paste
- Put it on your face and gently massage with circular movements for at least 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and put moisturizing cream on
For best results, use this face mask once a week.
Steam is a powerful ally when it comes to cleansing pores on your face. It will open the pores and increase circulation, leaving your skin clean and glowing.
The process of steaming your face is simple:
- Wash your face
- Fill the bowl with boiling water
- Put the towel over your head and place your face over the bowl
- Steam your face from 10 to 15 minutes
- Use moisturizer to hydrate your facial skin
Steam your face twice a week to keep your pores thoroughly clean.
3. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s Earth also helps with clogged pores. It acts as a sponge, removes all the impurities leaving the skin clean and healthy.
Make you own Fuller’s Earth face mask:
- Mix 1 Tbs of Fuller’s Earth, water and whole grains.
- Apply on a clean face and hold for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash your face with water, dry with a gentle towel
- Put moisturizing cream on your face.
For best results, this should be your weekly ritual.
Honey prevents the pores from closing, regulates skin fatigue and reduces pores. Plus, honey is super hydrating and great for dry skin.
The process is simple:
- Apply raw honey onto the problem areas on your face, leave it for several minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
Repeat this ritual two to three times a week.
5. Lemon juice
Lemon juice perfectly cleans pores on the face. Simply put freshly squeezed lemon juice on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it with warm water. Repeat this ritual every other day.
Another great way to cleanse your face properly using lemon juice is to make a homemade peeling:
- Mix lemon juice, a teaspoon of yogurt, honey and 5 to 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- Apply the peeling to your face and gently massage it for two minutes.
- Leave it on your face for 10 minutes
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Make this peeling twice a week.
6. Baking soda
Baking soda will help you remove dead cells and impurities from your face and restore a balanced skin’s pH level to make it look younger.
Baking soda face wash:
- Make a mask of two tablespoons baking soda and two tablespoons of water.
- Mix in a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face and lightly massage with circular movements for a few minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and rinse.
Using this mask once a week is enough to cleanse your face and make your skin look fresh and healthy.
Pin for later